Working with Sydney Ports Corporation and Baulderstone Hornibrook, Dragonfly Environmental project manages environmental restoration works in Penryhn Estuary, and is employed as the Saltmarsh Ecologist for the site.
Work we have conducted includes:
- GIS mapping of existing Saltmarsh;
- Generating technical information relating to the Saltmarsh community and restoration works;
- The translocation of 1500m2 of Saltmarsh;
- The collection of seed and propagation of 220,000 Saltmarsh plants;
- Continued scientific monitoring of existing Saltmarsh and re-created areas;
- The planting and maintenance of existing and newly created areas;
- Bush regeneration works, which have eradicated over four Hectares of Bitou Bush from the Penryhn Estuary foreshore;
- The planting of over 300,000 dune plants.
This Project was HIGHLY COMMENDED at the 2011 Engineers Aust. Excellence Awards.